Building bunk beds is a relatively easy task. The first thing that needs to be done is to gather the necessary materials and tools.
- Drill bits
- Measuring tape
- Skill saw
- Counter sink
- Finding the Measurements – Determine the dimensions of the box. This depends on the size of your mattress. The typical measurement for a bunk bed is 80′ x 45′.
- Constructing the Box – Make sure you get the right type of wood for the project. Cut the wood according to the measurements you’ve made. Create the rectangular box. Make sure each side is straight and proportional. Secure each end with a set of screws. As you are making the rectangular box, keep in mind that you need to design it in such a way that it can be disassembled easily.
- Attaching Supports – Take a set of 2′ x 4′ blocks and attach them to the sides of the box. Install the remaining blocks on the center of the head and feet ends. Plug the screw holes to prevent fingers and toes from getting caught in them.
- Setting Up the Posts – Attach the box to the posts using a set of nails. Then check for squares and drill through the posts and box before securing them together with bolts. Make sure the lower bunk has a distance of more than 12 inches from the floor.
- Finishing the Bed – Measure up a thick sheet of plywood and cut it up for the box’s exterior. Secure the plywood on the box using a set of nails. Install the railings by creating small slots on the box’s sides to set up the railing posts.
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]How to Build Bunk Beds,